Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Young Guns

http://www.facebook.com/younggunsuk

What do I like best about Young Guns...

Honestly? I don't know. But, it's most likely the fact that they are producing some of the best rock sounds I have been able to find in a while. Not pop-rock. Not punk-rock. Straight up rock sound. And I love it.

They are an extremely hard working group of boys, especially Gustav Wood and Fraser Taylor, who are the only ones who have been a part of the band since their creation in 2003. Their debut album, All Our Kings Are Dead, was self-released. And not only was it self-released, but it was a self-release that reached enough people to help them sell out their shows.

AND, not only have they sold out their own headlining tours, but they've even supported Bon Jovi. Yeah. BON. JOVI. So, I feel justified in saying that this band has their shit together, and they are definitely making wonderful music.

Gustav's voice is one of my favorite's in the rock scene. It's just so... pleasant? Is that the word I want? It's.... befitting the genre. And it has this very pure quality to it. It's just really clear, and I like it a lot.

Also, I think it should be mentioned that when I saw Yellowcard, LP was wearing a Young Guns hoodie. I told him I was really freaking jealous cuz I love them and Sean was like "Yeah, they're amazing!" and then rubbed it in that they get to see them next month T.T

Anyway, the moral of that story is that Yellowcard thinks Young Guns is amazing too.

The unfortunate thing about Young Guns is you can't buy their album in America, probably because it IS self-released. I, for one, had to find it off of Mediafire. But, it should be noted that as soon as I CAN buy it, I will. Their next album, Bones, has a planned release date of Febuary 6, 2012. So fingers crossed so we Americans can get in on some Young Guns action, because we are SERIOUSLY deprived.

Go Download: Though you can't buy their full length, you can get their 2009 EP Mirrors on iTunes. (My personal favorite off of it is "The Weight of the World")





AMERICA WANTS YOUNG GUNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment