Friday, November 11, 2011

Charlie Simpson

http://www.facebook.com/#!/charliesimpsonmusic

I liked Busted. I REALLY liked Fightstar. Why do I bring this up, you ask?

Busted, a British boy band, and Fightstar, a British rock band, have one key component.

Charlie.Simpson.

Now, I know what you're thinking. This guy went from being in the British version of the Jonas Brothers (Though, we should all take note that they 1)Happened before the JoBros and 2) Were far superior), to being in a rock, almost hardcore, sort of band, and now he's doing the folky scene?

I get it, and if I hadn't already been sold on Charlie Simpson beforehand, I might have had the same hesitance. Luckily, I've been in love with Charlie for some time now, and dove into his solo work head first.

And it was like jumping into a pool full of all the best things possible. Chocolate. Rainbows. Winning football teams. Puppies. You get the picture.

I will admit that had you told high school me that he'd be singing music like this, I would have laughed at you. But now, I can't even imagine him going back.

Charlie's voice is like a little slice of heaven and it actually kind of sounds like it was made for this genre. The acoustic guitars and harmonica play so beautifully with his distinct, husky toned voice.

He's one of my favorite British artists, and quite frankly, I would very much like to be able to get his music in America. (So either A) The UK needs to share or B) America needs to let this kid over!)

Also, he said he may be coming to SXSW :)



If this happens, you can bet I'll be there. So quick.

Go Download: Like I said, if you're from America, getting his music is a little tough. Luckily, you can get his FREE EP here



No comments:

Post a Comment