Thursday, November 17, 2011

Take The Day

http://www.facebook.com/wearetaketheday

The last thing I listened to on my laptop, was low. Which probably explains why the volume was all the way up on both my computer AND Youtube. So, when I clicked on Take The Day's "FTW" it's needless to say that my ears were assaulted with heavy guitar and crashing cymbals. Maybe assaulted isn't the best word, since it connotates something negative, something that this band, is far from.

Milwaukee claims this currently unsigned band, but honestly, I can't see them staying 1) in Milwaukee and 2) unsigned for long. With the idea of wanting to spread "positivity, passion and love" through their music, I can't say that they have failed. In fact, listening to them does remind me of my younger music days, rocking out to Simple Plan's "I'd Do Anything", The Ataris' with their cover of "Boy of Summer" and Bowling for Soup's "Girl All the Bad Guys Want". Whether that is what they're aiming for, I probably won't know, but needless to say, the put a smile on my face this fine November morning.

I found Take The Day because they liked a quote I posted on Tumblr, and I think that quote shows just what type of band these guys are, so I'm going to share it here as well.

What I feel most obligated to is sourcing inspiration and chasing it down and living inside of it and not obsessing over whether or nor this track is going to be on the radio or whether or not this album is going to be gold. Instead, [I’m] just trying to do things that are worth doing and leave me with a feeling like I’ve created something- and I didn’t create it for somebody else, but I CREATED something and I’m proud of it. -Andrew McMahon


So yeah, in a world filled with people making music just to get rich and famous, I feel that these boys have jumped into for the right reasons. And I definitely look forward to what they have in store for us.

(I'd also like to throw on out their that their logo is super cool, and they have badass taste in music. Facebook says we like pretty much all the same bands lol)

Go Download: "Won't Wait" off their EP City Lights & Summer Nights (Part One) on iTunes. **EDIT**: Tonight, at 8 CST, they'll be releasing a free track on Facebook, so go hit that up too, cuz nothing is better than good free music.



No comments:

Post a Comment