Monday, November 14, 2011

RadioDriveBy

http://www.facebook.com/radiodriveby

Let's face it, it was a terrible day for any new music to be discovered by me today. The stream of Marianas Trench's Ever After went live, and there were very few things that were gonna stop me from listening to anything other than that today.

That was until I had listened to the album three times and then checked my email and saw that I had a new twitter follower. And you guys know the philosophy. Give me a chance, and you get one in return. So I stopped what I was doing, and put RadioDriveBy on.

I think what I like best about this Arizona based band is that they "want to make your ears happy" and that's exactly what they did. They didn't try to sell me something other than upbeat, fun pop rock (and we all know how I feel about my pop rock).

Trent's voice is really interesting, and is always switching between familiar and completely unique. It intrigues me. However, he isn't the only member of the band, and Adam, Austin and David should be mentioned as their playing meshes so well together with each other as well as Trent.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been slightly bitter about the fact that I had to like this band in order to listen to their music, but I have seen in the error in my ways, because they are well worth the like. I'll be keeping my eyes on these boys. And I sincerely hope they'll be heading down to Texas (and by Texas, I mean Austin) sometime soon so I can enjoy them live :)

Check out their latest single, "Hope You Know" below!

Go Download: My personal favorite "Deny" off their single Nothin' But Better. ("Shine" is in a close second)



1 comment:

  1. It's 7AM, I've been up almost all night (with the exception of napping for 2 hours), and I decided to actually leave a comment for you versus discussing this in person!

    These fellas are interesting! They remind me of a cross between Stereo Skyline (before Brian and Clayton left) and A Rocket to the Moon - actually much more of SS. We should go see them if they come to Texas!

    ReplyDelete