Saturday, November 26, 2011

Finding Atlantis

http://www.facebook.com/findingatlantis

Ok, ok, I'll admit it. I've been neglecting my blog because I've been sucked into the black hole that is Netflix's Romantic Comedy Instant Watch Category. Go ahead. Laugh all you want, but that is why BTNLT has been so devoid of human activity. BUT FEAR NOT LOYAL READERS! Because Finding Atlantis has brought me back.

Luck would have it that I checked my email today and saw a Twitter email saying a street team had started following me. Odd, since I didn't know the band in which this street team repped, so I went to rectify the situation, if only just to make myself more knowledgable in the musicverse. And it led me to this band's Facebook, and from Facebook, to their songs. And then where from their songs, you ask?

Straight to rocking out and ignoring the sweet, sweet cries of yet another couple who would end up living happily ever after.

Now, what is this band's appeal? What about them dragged me away from my 2011 Thanksgiving Movie Binge?

This pop rock band from Winston-Salem, NC has two songs. Just.... two songs. One has 94 plays (soon to be 95 as I am listening to it, again, as I type) and one that has 638 plays (probably 639 as soon as this post is done) and upon first hearing them, I just sat back and let both of those song play three times each.

They're wonderful! Chris Lane's voice is the voice that you have always wanted to hear when you pressed play on a pop rock band's music and never gotten. Shawn James provides excellent back up vocals and do NOT even get me started on the playing he, Arthur Balwah and Josh Willis are doing on these two tracks. It's just.... superb.

This young band has ALL the right beginnings, and you can bet that I'm going to be keeping an eye on them. Really, the only way they can go is up, and the future just looks oh so bright for them. Seriously. Check them out.

Go Download: Their song "The Saltwater Cure" from Facebook. Oh, and I should probably mention that it's free. Can't get much better than that, right?

2 comments:

  1. PS: They have an EP on Itunes for about $5, if you wanna hear the rest of their songs. Its called The Saltwater Cure. And You can also check out their youtube. www.youtube.com/findingatlantismusic
    :)

    ReplyDelete