Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Brobecks

http://www.facebook.com/TheBrobecks

So, I've been meaning to listen to The Brobecks for some time now. I would see them on my Tumblr dash and make a mental note to check em out because I think Dallon Weekes, the current touring bassist of Panic! at the Disco and main member of The Brobecks, is the bomb dot com. But something would always come up and I never would get around to it.

Until last night.

You see, I follow Breezy Weekes, his wife, on Tumblr and she posted a picture of her tattoos, and from what I gathered, they are in the song "Le Velo Pour Deux".

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I 1) Plan on marrying a man who can sing so he can write songs for me; 2) Am a complete and total sucker for love, especially love that is sung about.

Ex- My Chemical Romance's "Summertime". The line "You can run away with me, you can write it on your arm, you can run away with me, anytime you want" is in reference to messages Gerard Way and his wife would write on themselves during a tour they did together. CUTE I SAY!

So yeah, upon seeing that, I dashed to Youtube and searched "Le Velo Pour Deux" (Translation: Bicycle for Two) and became an instant fan. (Plus, I mean, come on. How adorable is "I would spend my whole life with you on a bicycle built for two"?)

This indie band has a wonderful feel. Sometimes I feel like I'm listening to a band from an older era-- "Le Velo Pour Deux" at some points sounds like a twisted waltz)--, and other's feel like I'm listening to a weird indie version of Muse. (Now, hear me out, I say Muse, because no matter what song or how I listen to it, Dallon's voice reminds me of Matt Bellamy's. You can call me crazy. I probably am. But that's what I think of.)

But either way, I love what I'm listening to.

Dallon is quite a musician and lyricist, and I honestly cannot get enough of The Brobecks.

The worst part about this band? The fact that they have been missing from my life for so long.

Go Download: "Love at First Sight" from his album Violent Things on iTunes



1 comment:

  1. THESE ARE MY DUDES! Violent Things is an awesome album. When I saw Panic! At The Disco they played them and I almost died of happiness.

    ReplyDelete