Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tanner Patrick

http://www.youtube.com/user/TannerPatrick

There are a few things you should probably know about Tanner Patrick before I get into the meat of this post.
1) He was another Siri suggestion.
2) He is the most adorable thing to happen since puppies. Yes. Puppies. And if you don't believe me, just look at the picture below. He was Toon Link for Halloween. Your argument is invalid.

3) He is the only person that has made a version of "Pumped Up Kicks" that I thoroughly enjoy. (That's right. I don't even enjoy the original.)

That being said, I have high expectations for anything Siri may suggest to me, mainly because she has such awesome taste in music, so I mean, Mr. Patrick had a lot to live up to. (Especially since I've been known to prowl Youtube for cover singers and I don't mean to brag, but I've found some EXCELLENT singers via Youtube. So yeah, stiff competition.)

However, Tanner Patrick has one of the sweetest voices I have ever heard. It oozes with sincerity and if we're being honest, I've listened to his cover of "Stereo Hearts" like 10 times today.

He also plays all his own instruments. So far I've seen the acoustic guitar, the keyboard and the drums.

And, on top of all that, he doesn't just stick to one genre for the songs he covers, which is refreshing to see. I love to see artists tackle different song types and make them their own.

I actual think this boy may be able to do no wrong, and I am EAGERLY anticipating his own original work, because if he can do this with songs that already exist, I can only imagine what he can do with his own music.

Go Download: He currently doesn't have anything for download but go like his Facebook to be informed as soon as his single drops.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this cover! His voice is sooooooo sweet and calming. I already love the original version of the song with adam levine and gym class heroes but i can't help but keep this song on repeat. Did i already say i love this cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is just delish!<3

    ReplyDelete