Monday, October 31, 2011

Anarbor

http://www.anarbor.net/

So Anarbor has been on my iPod for awhile, and I would be lying if I said I just found them.

However, I still love them immensely and often wonder why I don't hear people talking about them or sight them more often.

What I had loved about Anarbor when I first heard their self-released EP Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds was that it wasn't perfect. There were moments that were so raw that I actually felt as if the band was right there in the room with me. I also couldn't help but love their lyrics, which I thought were very mature and rather beautiful coming from such a young band at the time.

Ex-"I am god and the devil himself kisses my feet." "My bed gets sick of your body like the moon gets sick of the stars." and "I wanna feel the beat of your selfish heart as our bodies melt into one in the dark."

Since discovering them, this band has been signed to Hopeless Records and released two EPs and one full length. And MOST recently, they released The Mixtape which is them covering songs.

Basically, this band has done a lot of work, and has been near and dear to my heart, so this is more of a personal post I guess.

Go love em.

Really.

Go Download: They have three free songs and a free music video here



This is a personal favorite of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment