Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SPEAK

http://www.facebook.com/#!/hearSPEAKhere

One of my friends (The male half of Moonlight Social) suggested I give this Austin based band a listen. He actually went as far as to say that he thinks they'll be rather popular within a year. And I mean, at first I was like, that's kind of a tall order dontcha think? Lemme give them a listen first. So I hopped on over to their Facebook, and to say that I was a little shocked at the voice that came out of Troupe Gammage would be a gross understatement. I don't know what I was expecting per say, but that strong voice was not it. One blog described them as indie electro-pop and if we absolutely have to classify them, that is what I'd dub them as. Their beats are infectious in the same way that popular hits on the radio are today, but it sounds nothing like what we have been force fed by MTV. Margaret Moser of The Austin Chronicle mentioned that there is a new sound evolving here in Austin, and I believe that SPEAK is at the forefront of that movement. So do I think these boys will be famous within the year? I don't wanna jinx them or anything, but let's just say if I hear them in the near future on the radio, I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Go Download: My personal favorite is "Wars" . After you fall in love with that, buy their album on iTunes

3 comments:

  1. Dude, let's go see these guys live sometime! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love SPEAK. They are so damn dance-able. Also, they are going to be playing FFF Fest in Austin this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badass...surprised myself how much i enjoyed their unique sound!

    ReplyDelete