Thursday, October 20, 2011

Foxy Shazam

http://www.foxyshazam.net/

Not exactly an "unknown" band, but one that I discovered last night and have fallen completely, and totally in love with.

I have heard the name Foxy Shazam before, but never gave much thought to them. Even when I thought they were going to be the only opener for Panic! at the Disco I didn't look into them because it really didn't matter if I liked them or not, I just really wanted to see Panic!.

The second this band walked onstage, I knew they were going to be at the very least entertaining, because let me tell you, just their appearance is enough to have made me fall in love them. From Eric Nally's awesome 'stache, to Sky White's epic beard and Daisy's ginormous two toned hair, you can't help but be prepared for an insane show. And let me tell you they did not disappoint at all.

As far as first impressions go, it was by far the best way to be introduced to Foxy Shazam. Energy oozed from their every pore as the danced, headbanged, screamed, jumped, you name it and these boys did it.

AND, even better, their performance was NOT to make up for any lack of musical talent. They just have this sound that is so.... APPEALING! It was very... old rock. It reminded me of Queen. (Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I said it REMINDED me of. Not they sounded like Queen. Not that they are the next Queen or that they want to be Queen. Just to clear anything up for anyone who may or may not get offended as they have seemed to be getting on other sites.)

Anyway, mindblowing. It's the one word I can think to describe this band. I look forward immensely not only to their next album, due out in January, but to them coming back to Austin so I can see them again.

Also, I would like to point out that any band that includes instruments like trumpet in their music is a-ok with me.

Check out a live video of them below, mainly because I just have to share their amazing stage presence with you.

Go Download: "Oh Lord" off their self-titled album on iTunes. But you should also check out "The Only Way to My Heart" because the trumpet is just so damn sexy in that song. You know what, just grab the whole album.



1 comment:

  1. I just saw these dudes last week at Lupo's and they were INSANE. Their music is great, their stage presence is great, they're just great.

    ReplyDelete