Friday, October 14, 2011

Set It Off



I actually was a fan of Cody Carson before I was a fan of Set If Off, his Orchestral Pop band from Tampa, FL. He shares my love for All Time Low, but is actually talented enough to cover on youtube. Anyway, he started promoting his band, so of course I had to give them a shot, and I love them. It has been exciting for me to hear the growth this band has under gone over the past couple of years, going from a pop rock sound to a more full, darker sound. My personal favorite by them is "I Promise" with it's sweeping orchestra, vocals and tone. I think it's a beautiful song unlike any I've heard from a band also categorized as a pop rock band. Their song @Reply is another great one that gives you a feel for their darker side as well a cleaner, more put together sound.

Go Download: "I Promise" from their album Calm Before the Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment