Wednesday, October 5, 2011

People and Things

I know this is another post that is out of the ordinary, I promise this will be the last random post for awhile. But I am so in love with Jack's Mannequin's new album, People and Things that I just had to inform the blogosphere to go get it.

I think it just might be Andrew McMahon's best album. Ever. Out of all the Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin albums, this one is my personal favorite.

For those of you who don't know about Andrew McMahon, he was the lead singer of a band called Something Corporate when he was in high school. They got really big, and had become somewhat of what we call "Teen Idols". But then that band fell through, as one can imagine, many teenagers would become burnt out after touring throughout high school and right out of it. Then he started Jack's Mannequin, a project named after a childhood friend who had leukemia (Spookily foreshadowing). A few months before the release of their debut album, Everything in Transit, Andrew was diagnosed with Leukemia, which was the main influence for his second album, The Glass Passenger. It also caused him to start a foundation to raise money for cancer research called Dear Jack.

Now, I don't know if you can tell, but this man is like my hero. He's a huge inspiration, and though he says in the album trailer that he doesn't see himself as a a fighter, hero or inspiration, I can't think of any other way to describe him. If there is any post that you actually pay attention to on this blog, it should be this one.

Jack's Mannequin is a band that will change your life, and People and Things should go down in history.

"I love this album. For what it says and what it took to get there. It may not be life or death, but it's life."

Go Download: People and Things




5 comments:

  1. This song and album is awesome. Agreed that this band needs more lovin' than it already gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Jack's Mannequin. Good to hear the background of the band!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good post. I love this album and Andrew McMahon too. So good...
    -Ashlye Elizondo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started listening to Jack's Mannequin a few years ago, and I'm glad that he has released another album. This song is really good and reminds me why Jack's Mannequin is such a great band. I didn't know the history behind Andrew McMahon, so I thought that was interesting and makes me enjoy his songs even more.

    ReplyDelete