Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Orange

http://www.facebook.com/theorangeband

So I have this friend, who has awesome taste in music (but I may be slightly biased since he likes all the same music I like) and I asked him for some lesser known bands. And he sent me in The Orange's direction.

Now, if we're being completely honest, had he not told me to listen to them, I probably wouldn't have. I mean, they've listed their genre as "Paisley Underground". 1) What? 2) I don't even like paisley. So yeah. I was a little iffy on the whole thing.

But I bucked up and gave them a shot, and I'm a fan! (Of course, or I wouldn't be writing about them)

Based out of Dallas, this band has a rather retro feel to them, so definitely out of my main scene, and kind of left field from my folk scene. They're "born out of a feverish pop psychedelic dream" as they like to put it, and it's a dream I'm ok with having. There is something oddly familiar about the singers voice and the music. Basically, I just have them on repeat. They're different, but not so much so that I'm turned off by it.


Words fail to describe the way I feel about this band, but you should definitely give them a chance.

They have a planned release date for a new EP in early 2012, and I for one, cannot wait to hear what's on it.

Go Download: My personal favorite is "Snow Globe" but I'm also a huge fan of "Nip-Tuck" so grab them both off of iTunes






No comments:

Post a Comment