Monday, October 17, 2011

The Abstract

http://www.facebook.com/TheAbstractBandTX

It seems I have stumbled across a movement. A movement of older sounding rock, and I am just fine with that. This five piece band currently based out of Austin, TX is heavily influenced by the British invasion of the '60s and their sound is raw. Raw in the very best way possible. Though, I feel like now should be the time to reiterate that the '60s inspired music isn't my usual. In fact, it is slightly far out from my usual.

HOWEVER some of my favorite music is the music that you can listen to and think "Damn, this band would be wonderful live." And The Abstract is that sort of band. I feel like you would hear them while walking down 6th street and get pulled into the bar that they're playing at because there is just something enchanting about the way they sound.

Of course, I could write about how great I think they are all day long, but I don't think I will ever be able to do this band justice just by talking about them. They're one you'll actually have to sit down and listen to yourself.

However, let me assure you that they are WELL worth your time.

(Also, I think it'd be fun for everyone to note that they too like The Orange. See how that happens, huh? I like to make connections when I can :D)

Go Download: "Black Beauty from their EP on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment