Saturday, December 3, 2011

Top 10 Discoveries of 2011: #7

Name: Speak
Original Post: http://corneroflostandfound.blogspot.com/2011/10/speak.html

Why: I think if there is any band out there that embodies the "Austin sound" it's Speak. I listen to I Believe In Everything ALL the time. When I'm writing, when I'm doing dishes, in the shower, just laying on the floor and thinking about life. You know, all the time lol. I would love to see them live, and EVENTUALLY, I will. I also may love them so much because they're an Austin band, and I just really like anything related to Austin. (This city, is my city. AND I LOOOOOVE IT. I LOOOOOVE IT.)

What they've done since I've posted about them: They performed at Fun Fun Fun Fest, they're doing a show at Stubb's tomorrow (Dec. 4) where you can get in for a small donation ($1 minimum). AND, they plan on debuting a new song.

It's a collaboration with RAC, but since video won't be up until tomorrow, here's a remix by RAC of "Carrie"



AND, they did a cover of "Weekend Wars" by MGMT

No comments:

Post a Comment