Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jon McLaughlin

http://jonmcl.com/

I discovered Jon McLaughlin when his song "Beautiful Disaster" was the free single on iTunes like, years ago. Sophomore year of high school to be exact. I thought the song was pretty good so I bought his album because it was pretty cheap, but I never really listened to it until my mom came home after seeing Enchanted with my sister and demanded I find out whoever sang one of the songs on it. It turned out to be him (the song in question was "So Close" in case you were wondering) and I sat down and listened to the album and fell in love. Fast forward like, 5 years, 3 concerts and 2 albums later and I still love him with all my heart. He's wonderful and SO under appreciated, it's insane. His piano playing will blow you away and his silky smooth voice is to die for. Not to mention he is one of the most perfect human beings ever. He's cute, he's nice, he tells funny stories (You shouldda heard his story about Blake Shelton texting him) and he loves his wife SO DAMN MUCH.

Basically, if there is someone who SHOULD be famous, but isn't, it is this guy. He's wonderful and I can't say better things about him. He's always putting on amazing shows, and his songs are just so heartfelt and meaningful. I mean, let's be real, I can tell you how great he is all night long but you just won't understand until you listen to him, SO GO LISTEN TO HIM DAMMIT!

Go Download: "Indiana" is by far my favorite song he has ever made (Indiana is my favorite album he's made, but I love all his albums, so ya know) but you should seriously consider just downloading everything he's made. But I guess you can just go pick up his latest album, Forever is Ever, on iTunes.



No comments:

Post a Comment