Thursday, December 8, 2011

Top 10 Discoveries of 2011: #2

Name: Foxy Shazam
Original Post: http://corneroflostandfound.blogspot.com/2011/10/foxy-shazam.html

Why: Foxy Shazam went from being a band I did not know to a band I listened to for three straight weeks right after seeing them in concert with Panic! at the Disco. I wasn't just listening to them, I was watching their videos, finding live video of them, interviews, and just anything else you could think of. You see, when I find something I like, I binge on them, and I binged on Foxy HARD. There isn't anything about Foxy Shazam that I don't like, other than the fact that I didn't get the chance to meet them after the show because of that one REALLY RUDE security man (forever bitter). But anyway, long story short, I love everything this band does, be it their music, their performance, how they dress or just what they stand for. That, and the second you incorporate the trumpet in your music, there's a 65% chance I'll like you even more. (But for real, have you HEARD Alex Nauth's playing?)

What they've done since I posted about them: They released the teaser for their new album, out on January 24 as well as the tracklist! :D



The Church of Rock and Roll:
1. Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll
2. I Like It
3. Holy Touch
4. Last Chance at Love
5. Forever Together
6. (It's) Too Late Baby
7. I Wanna Be Yours
8. Wasted Feelings
9. The Temple
10. The Streets
11. Freedom

I would also like to mention that it was a REALLY hard decision to decide whether they would be my #1 or not. In the end it came down to how many times I had seen each live that separated them. But it should be known that I had the toughest of times making the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment