Friday, September 23, 2011

Marianas Trench

http://www.marianastrench.net/

Another band seriously underestimated by the music fans in the United States. The Canadian rock band is a four piece group that is actually quite well known in Canada, making appearances at the Much! Music awards and pretty much never leaving Canada. You can finally get their albums Fix Me and Masterpiece Theatre on iTunes, but it took way to long for them to get there. Anyway, I digress. Their sound is ever evolving with their second album sounding nothing like their first and I'm quite sure their third, due out November 29, will sound nothing like the others. With Josh Ramsay's soaring vocals and personal lyrics (Their song "Lover Dearest" is from a letter he had to write while in rehab to his heroin addiction and "Skin and Bones", "Feeling Small" and "Alibis" are about his fight with bulimia) the band has a way of creating music that is accessible to everyone. I'm excited for them, because they're going to be a part of their first US tour supporting Simple Plan, Forever the Sickest Kids and The Cab. Watch out for these guys. I've had my eye on them for over a year now, and they have been blowing my mind every day since.

Go Download: While I want to tell you to download everything of their's, check out "Masterpiece Theatre III". It has parts of every song on the album, as well as songs from their first put together. And it's wonderful.

[You should also check out the video below, because I really like to watch it]



No comments:

Post a Comment