Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Head and the Heart

http://www.theheadandtheheart.com/







Another band who isn't TOO particularly unknown, but because of ACL and my insane love for them, I thought I'd introduce you guys to The Head and the Heart. I found this band by accident at SXSW when I had gone to the lounge room to catch a nap. They were soundchecking and I fell in love just by a few minutes of a soundchecked song. I saw them twice during SXSW, then again at Bonnaroo, and I'm seeing them for a fourth time this Sunday at ACL. This band embodies the idea of spirited performance. They give it everything they have and you can practically see the energy thrumming through them as they perform. I love their album, which they had originally released on their own dime until it they were signed and it was rereleased by Sub Pop Records. Their music is riddled with keyboard, violin and gorgeous harmonies provided by the three singers Josiah, Jonathan and Charity. They've made an appearance on Conan and they're coming up quick. Pitchfork wasn't particularly a fan, and honestly, I don't think you can appreciate their album if you haven't seen them live first, because words can't even describe the performance they put on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their album. It's one of my favorites. However, I think seeing them live definitely gives you an appreciation for them.







Go Download: "Rivers and Roads" off their self titled album.

No comments:

Post a Comment