Monday, September 19, 2011

The Autumn Advance

http://www.facebook.com/theautumnadvance


Comprised of one member, Tripp Rowe, The Autumn Advance is an acoustic pop act from North Carolina. I actually was introduced to Tripp’s music via one of my friends who invited me to a stickam chat with him, and I was intrigued, so I gave him a listen. He isn’t your usual acoustic pop act in which the music is happy and about love, four of the five songs from his Love and Time Travel has an EXPLICIT warning. I actually find the juxtaposition of the F bombs and acoustic guitar quite wonderful. It lends itself to a more truthful sound which I, personally, can relate to more than that of the sugary sweet pop songs that could practically give you cavities. He holds nothing back in his lyrics, and it is like getting your anger out through his words while being mellowed out by his playing. I highly suggest giving him a listen, as well as checking out his stickam chats on Wednesdays at 9:30 pm ET.



Go Download: “Watch That Girl” off of Love and Time Travel on iTunes.






No comments:

Post a Comment