Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fast Luke and the Lead Heavy









I like music that makes me feel like I should be in a saloon. I'm not really sure why. But generally, I'm a fan. That being said, the Austin based band Fast Luke and the Lead Heavy do just that. With sounds that rock like J Roddy Walston and The Business, albeit more guitar driven rather than keyboard driven, Fast Luke and the Lead Heavy would not be out of place in bars and outdoor festivals across the nation. Listening to them, I'm transported to a saloon with a haze from all the cigarette smoke and couples slow dancing to the two step tempo of their song entitled "Coyote Moon". It's shocking to me to find that this band hasn't been in existance for long, less than five months to b exact, and they're already making music that sounds like this. Their facebook claims that there will be more to come, and for all my saloon dreams, I hope they're right.




Go Download: Currently you can't download anything by them, but I suggest checking out "Coyote Moon"







2 comments:

  1. Those guys are FAB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Your Butt to Saxon at midnight! You`ll thank me for it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete