Saturday, February 4, 2012

Summit Grove

http://www.facebook.com/summitgroveband

Before I start this post, I just want to let you guys know that I went to an awesome concert last night, and now have a handful of bands to promote. But I'm going to start with a band that DIDN'T perform last night.

How does that work you ask? Well, I bought my little sister an Allstar Weekend shirt because she loves them just as much as I do, but lives in Alabama, thus couldn't come with me. In buying that shirt, their super nice merch guy handed me this flyer type dealy for his band.



Well, because he was so nice, I HAD to give him a chance, right? And I'm glad I did. In fact, I wish this band had been on the ticket as well because they would have fit in wonderfully amongst the others. I really like Jason Carter's voice (he was the merch guy, guitarist Vincent Rennie adds beautiful guitar to those vocals and Dominic Rennie has the percussion down on lock. For real, the longer I sit here at my computer listening to their release "What We're Fighting For," the more I wish I had gotten to seen them live.

That's ok though. I guess this just means that they will have to come to Austin sometime :)

They kind of remind me of Cartel with a hint of Allstar Weekend. Allstar Cartel. (Hah, was that funny? No? Womp.) And I will certainly be adding them to my iPod. I highly suggest you do the same and keep watch for them.

Their sound is definitely something I can imagine getting big. You go, Summit Grove! (And really. You should come to Austin. Just sayin.)

Go Download: Their whole EP on iTunes! It is DEFINITELY worth the $4.95. (But if you're wondering which song is my fave, then check out "Waiting On One Knee")



1 comment: