Monday, February 6, 2012

Hollywood Ending

http://www.facebook.com/hollywoodendingband

To start this post, I’d like to quote what I told Siri when we saw this band live.

“It’s like I’m witnessing the beginning of Boy Band Era 2.0. And I like it.”

Where do I start with Hollywood Ending? The first time I had ever heard of them was when I saw them live in San Antonio. Thus, I had a completely clean slate when hearing them. I won’t lie, when they walked onstage my first thought was “Daw, aren’t they just adorable!” And it’s true! They’re like, the cutest things ever. And then they started playing and then I was like, oh well they’re kind of awesome.

They brought the energy and they brought the talent. True, it’s raw talent, they’re such a young band that they have so much growth left, but that’s the crazy part. They’re starting at a place many pop acts end at. It’s kind of exciting, you know?

They reminded me a lot of Busted and McFly, a huge compliment since I adore them both (and funny, because the bassist’s brother was in Busted), and I couldn’t help but want to dance to their music. It was just light hearted fun music.

Now, I guess I should fill you in on the facts. They were a part of Disney’s Next Big Thing, like Allstar Weekend, and while I don’t like Disney acts (not because it’s Disney, but because to me it feels like a cash cow sort of deal. How many actors/actresses have they thrown into singing?) I can appreciate what they do with the Next Big Thing competition. They also don’t have an EP or album out, just singles released through N.B.T. They’re from ALL over, be it different states or even different countries, and that kind of blew my mind, because most bands can’t get it together when they’re from the same place let alone all over. They’re between the ages of 17-19 and I do believe that N.B.T. was the first thing they did as a band. (In case you were wondering, all this Disney stuff went down summer/ fall 2011. So they are seriously a young band.) AAAAND, they didn’t win N.B.T.

Not that that is a bad thing. You see, now they aren’t tied down to the mouse shaped anchor that would have held them back. Like I said, these boys are young, but they won’t be young forever and while Disney gave them the exposure they needed, they now can do what they want and head in the direction that won’t have them written off as “just another Disney band.”

Also, like just about every band I’ve written about, they’re really sweet, which made me appreciate them that much more.

So if I were you, I’d be on the lookout for some stuff from them. I foresee them going down the same route as ADub (Allstar Weekend for you non-fangirls. Lmao.) and if they DO follow that path, I will VERY much enjoy watching them in the future :3

Go Download: Well, like I said, all they have out right now are two singles. So go get em on iTunes!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment