Sunday, February 26, 2012

School Boy Humor

http://www.facebook.com/schoolboyhumor

I won't lie, when I saw that I was being followed on Twitter by School Boy Humor, I thought it was something like Total Frat Move. Don't ask me why that was my first thought, because I'm not really sure why either. It just kinda happened.

But curiosity got the better of me and I looked into them, and I was quite surprised to find that SBH isn't a website about douchey things guys do, but in fact a rather good band.

Based out of Little Rock, AR, School Boy Humor is made up of twin brothers Phil and Anthony Evans and they have some of the catchiest beats I have heard. Their sound runs somewhere between The After Party and Breathe Carolina. What does that mean, you ask? It means they come at you harder than just your usual pop-punk/rock, but without the extra screaming vocals. (Not that I have anything against either, as my readers very well know.)

In fact, their beats are so infectious that as I sit here typing this, I can't help but bob my head with it. If you need something to get you pumped up or just want to listen to some damn good and catchy songs, SBH is the band for you.

But don't think that means they only do upbeat dance songs. These boys are versatile enough to make a heartwrenching love song or two. Don't believe me? Check out these lyrics. "There's nobody like your body when it's next to mine. I'm holding my breathe while you're holding on tight." Now, call me a sucker for love, but that is just sweet, ok.

There is also something to be said about a band that gets shit done. Since I have liked them on Facebook and followed them on Twitter, I don't go a day without seeing them promoting shows they're doing and responding to fans and inviting them to shows. Not only are they doing their time, but they seem like genuinely nice dudes, which gets you pretty damn far in my book. I missed them while they were here in Texas because I had work, but you don't have to miss them! They have tour dates up HERE. From what I can tell, they're currently up north, but it's only a matter of time before they get back down to the south.

Also, if you're in Texas and wanna see them in Arlington on your Spring Break, you definitely should. If it weren't for me working and covering SXSW, I'd be there in a second. (But mark my words, I WILL see these boys.) Information about that event HERE!

(One last sidenote: They definitely did a song with Jeffree Star, which is kind of badass. Just sayin.)

Go Download: You can pick up their albums, EPs and singles on iTunes. But personally, if you want a super fun song, check out their latest singles "Sex & Rock 'n Roll" and "7 Minutes In Heaven" :)





Also, I enjoy this cover. So you get TWO videos for these boys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment