Friday, February 17, 2012

The Victory

http://www.facebook.com/thevictoryofficial

It has been a very busy week. Very busy indeed. I've had assignments due for school, I had interviews for Rock Edition (shameless plug. My interviews aren't up yet, but you can still check the site!)and a concert to shoot. AND, on top of all that, I have accrued a countless number of awesome bands to post about via Twitter and I just could not decide who to write about in the limited free time that I had. That was until I went to finally make a decision and saw I had acquired a new street team follower. Curiosity got the better of me and holy cow am I glad it.

The Victory hails from Bergen County, NJ. Now, while many people may think of Jersey Shore first and foremost when thinking about New Jersey, my mind definitely jumps to the great musical talent that they have produced. Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Bruce Springsteen, My Chemical Romance, Jon Bon Jovi, Queen Latifah, Skid Row, Thursday, Senses Fail, The Early November. Seriously, the list goes on and on. Not to say that The Victory is comparable to acts like Frank Sinatra and whatnot, but it really doesn't come as a shock to me that these boys have talent. They seem to breed it in New Jersey.

The band themselves claim to "bring the edge of the Foo Fighters" with the "pop sensibility of Relient K" and had I not heard it for myself, I probably wouldn't believe that, only because what an odd combination! But they hit it right on the head with that one. If you just listen to the music Steve Conley, Mike Palatella, Jeff Lamber and Ryan Bertone lay down, you could imagine a harder voice laying over it. But personally, I enjoy these boys just as they are; with the roaring guitars and crashing drums supporting the sugar sweet vocals of Conley. (In fact, I enjoy it so much that I listened to their songs on repeat for like three goes before actually typing anything because I enjoyed it that much.)

And, on top of that, I can highly support a band who holds a strong stance on suicide prevention and awareness. They seem to have clear heads on their shoulders and are definitely making music that will get them somewhere.

I tip my hat to these boys and look forward to hearing much more from them.

Go Download: You can pick up their EP "Together" for free from their Bandcamp! It is so very worth it if I do say so myself. But my favorite song from them is "Lexi" which you can hear on their Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment