Thursday, March 1, 2012

Carney

http://www.facebook.com/carneytheband

How might most people know Carney? Through Reeve Carney AKA Spider Man. Not movie Spider Man, but broadway Spider Man. I fall into the category of finding out about Carney via Spider Man: Turn Off the Dark. Of course, I didn't actually listen to them until my dearest Siri mentioned how much she loved Reeve Carney so I checked them out and we've kind of had an ongoing appreciation for them ever since.

What do I like most about Carney?

Their music isn't just rock, but a return to that dirty, bluesy, hear-it-in-a-smokey-jazz-bar sort of rock. It's very '90s. And lord knows I love me some '90s rock. ('90s anything really.)

Also, I like them best live. I'm pretty convinced that if you haven't listened to their 'Live at Molly Malone's' album, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Reeve's voice is just so raw and earnest and I can't help but feel that he could tell me anything through singing and I'd probably believe him.

And, I'd like to point out that their video for "Love Me Chase Me" is DAMN sexy. As is their live cover of "I Want You." Both will be posted below and you can tell me if you agree with my assessment.

I also think it's awesome that his brother, Zane, is in the band with him. I just love brotherly love and I think it's the cutest thing ever when siblings like each other enough to do stuff like a band together.

I'm not too sure, so don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that the band is currently not doing as much because of Reeve being on broadway, but if I were you, I'd keep my eye on them for when they do take to touring again. I know I will.

Go Download: Live at Molly Malone's on iTunes!!! But if you only want one song, I'd check out "Think of You," either live or recorded. It's gorgeous no matter what.





1 comment:

  1. I pretty much died when I saw you wrote about Carney for BTNLT, and I actually did after reading it! They are most definitely on the "Must See" list for future shows!

    ReplyDelete