Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Erik Hassle

http://www.facebook.com/erikhassle

I like Swedish things. Swedish Fish. Alexander Skarsgard. Swedish Meatballs. Now I can add Erik Hassle to the list. You see, my mom loves watching dance, and a choreographer named Kate Jablonski posted a new dance and the song was gorgeous. After much searching (Ok... I scrolled down to the comments section) I found that it was a cover of Robyn's "Be Mine" by Ellie Goulding and Erik Hassle. Now, I already am head over heels in love with Ellie, so it only stands to reason that I'd check out this Erik Hassle, especially given that his voice is so marvelous in the duet. And he DEFINITELY didn't disappoint. (Funnily enough, my good friend Luis wrote about Erik in October on his blog Album Confessions and honestly his post is probably more read worthy than my own lol)

You see, Mr. Hassle here has seen much success in Sweden, his album 'Hassle' making it's debut on Swedish charts and #2 and stayed on the charts for 10 weeks. Pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself. And as I went through all his songs on youtube I couldn't help but wonder, why the hell isn't he bigger here? He has such a powerfully soulful voice and sings about love and loss that everyone can relate to. ("You don't know what you've got until you're missing it a lot" he croons in his song "Hurtful" that was a free song on iTunes awhile back. Sadly enough, I missed that one -.-')

One of the best parts about his music is that even though they may tackle some pretty sad subjects, they have a strong beat to support them, making me want to dance along even though my heart is hit with all the feels. ("Nothing lasts forever, what the hell am I doing here, standing where you left me?" Seriously. If I wasn't too busy dancing, I'd probably be crying into my pillow.)

The 23 year old pop singer-songwriter is magnificent, and if we're being honest, I am completely confused as to why he hasn't been/isn't on the radio right now. I know a lot of people are losing faith in pop music, but if there is ANYONE who is gonna save it, I think it's Erik Hassle. 

Go Download: PLEASE just buy his whole album 'Pieces' because it's marvelous. But I guess if you're looking for a song to look into first, hit up "Hurtful." (You should also note that "The Thanks I Get" has GORGEOUS piano in it.)





(Just listen to his voice. Even the dog is mesmerized.)

1 comment:

  1. Aww I loved this post... Maybe because I am mentioned in it, or because I love Erik Hassle, or because I just love you.... Great read love! :)

    ReplyDelete