Thursday, May 3, 2012

Empire Holiday

http://www.facebook.com/empireholiday

It's been awhile since we've had a Siri Suggestion (that's catchy, I might keep using that) here on Bands That Need Love Too, but I figure since the girl cannot stop talkin about these boys, I'd FINALLY give in and talk about them :P So here we go.

First, can I just say that Siri first REALLY brought the guys up to me on our Dallas adventure, which happened after Spring Break so I've been hearing about them now for.... two months? Ish? Yes. And those are two months that I should have spent listening to these guys as opposed to ignoring her obvious promotions for them. Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't know why I didn't listen to her earlier either. Everyone makes mistakes right? With that being said, Empire Holiday's music is kind of like Breathe Carolina's (okay maybe I took that comparison from Siri lol), only with a little more emphasis on face melting beats. (I'm currently sitting here blasting "Ballroom Murder" and it's quite intense.) I literally can't decide if I wanna turn it up louder to rock out harder or turn it down to preserve my face, which I'm sure will melt off if I turn it up another decibel. Pair said body rockin', fist pumping, blood rushing beats with Christopher Shelton's clean vocals and Ronnie Hughes' screams, and you've got one of the most in your faces songs that I have heard in a long time.

So much so in fact that I would dare say that they seem to pull off what Breathe Carolina is going for far better than Breathe Carolina does (at least, in their newer stuff). Instead of putting 50% of effort into the dance side and 50% of effort into the hardcore side to create a decent song, they give both aspects all they have which definitely sets them apart and quite frankly I love it. I can only hope that they continue down this path because "Ballroom Murder" blows the rest of the music on their Facebook page out of the water. Not to say that their old stuff wasn't decent-- and I mean, who doesn't love a cover of "What Is Love?"-- but this glimpse of what they're doing now runs circles around it.

I'm glad these guys decided to continue on with the band after a quick hiatus (er, breakup turned hiatus?), because let's face it, what they've got going is quite promising. I greatly look forward to what they have coming up next. And I very much look forward to my dear, dear Siri dragging me along to their shows :)

Go Download: Their new single "Ballroom Murder," duh. I mean, I've only been talking about it this whole post and it's only .99. You really have no excuse to go get that bad boy on iTunes!






No comments:

Post a Comment