Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cher Lloyd

http://www.facebook.com/cherlloydmusic

Who do you have to thank for this post? Savan Kotecha. That's right, Savan Kotecha, songwriter and vocal producer behind artists such as Usher, Carrie Underwood and One Direction. WHY do you have him to thank? Well, my dear readers, because he has been tweeting nonstop about Cher Lloyd and curiosity finally got the better of me.

After seeing yet another tweet about her latest single, "Want U Back," I took to Youtube in search of the song and was hit in the face with a catchy summer song. Of course, this led me to start searching her album because I am in need of some serious summer tune-age. What I found, was a great, fun album.

Now, if I were to describe Cher Lloyd's music to you, I'd have to say this: It's like if Nicki Minaj and Lily Allen's music had a baby that was influenced by Godmummy Madonna. That's really weird to read, I'm sure, but I really can't think of how else to describe it. But I promise, it makes sense when you listen to her.

Let's start from the beginning, yeah?

Cher Lloyd is another product of the UK's X Factor, having been a contestant on the seventh series. (Seems to have been QUITE an exciting season, no?) She made it to the final, finishing in fourth place before being signed by Syco Music (Simon Cowell's label, in case you were wondering). And I guess you can say the rest is history.

Her debut album, 'Sticks + Stones,' boasts collaborations with Busta Rhymes, Carolina Liar and Mike Posner as well as beats that get under your skin. The album peaked in the UK at #4 and now she's trying her hand at cracking America. You know, as a part of this major British Invasion we got going on. NOT that I'm complaining. You guys already know how I feel about all things British.

That all being said, I don't think I've ever heard an album that is just so freaking catchy the whole way through. Even the one song that I'm not particularly a fan of has me bobbing my head, even if I don't want to. ("Swagger Jagger" for those of you wondering. Though I do love the chorus.) Overall, 'Sticks + Stones' is a great first album. I'm genuinely excited to see her grow as an artist and let's be real, I'm EXTRA excited to blast her music in my car with the windows down. Get with it America, I wanna hear this girl on the radio.

Go Download: "Want U Back" just dropped in America TODAY! So go pick it up HERE!!! And make sure to keep your eyes open for when her album happens :D


3 comments:

  1. love this post, I'm sure Cher is going to be huge in America :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cher Lloyd. Want U Back is so catchy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the article! And I totally agree, I'm loving the British invasion that's going on :) Thanks again Savan!

    ReplyDelete