Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Soldier Thread

http://www.thesoldierthread.com/

Hello my dear readers! I'm sorry for the hiatus, but after the much needed vacation, bowl trip and reading down time, I am back and ready to introduce you to my first band that needs love of 2012 :)

I won't lie, I've been behind on my band discoveries since my last couple of real posts. (What can I say, it's the holidays.) So I took to my Facebook for this one and asked my friends (whom I rely on greatly when I reach a bandblock) about who should have the honors of being my first BTNLT for this year. I got a few suggestions, all which will most likely appear here, but this is the one that caught my eye.

I'm pretty sure that I've stated before (awhile back) that I'm not a huge fan of female voices. But there is something about Patricia Lynn's voice that is so mesmorizing and completely different that I can't help BUT love it. Maybe it's because it's so strong, and yet still so sweet sounding. Maybe it's because she can sing live as well. Or maybe it's just because it is a completely unique voice that I have never heard before. I don't know. But I think she is FABULOUS. Of course, she isn't the only member of this amazing Austin-based band, and the boys that support Patricia are in no means overshadowed by her. In fact, I do believe that they are perfect and wonderfully cohesive together. While seperately they may be wonderful, when brought together with Patricia, Todd Abels, Justing McHugh, Drew Vandiver and Chance Gilmore create music that I would like to call eargasmic. (See what I did there?)

This indie pop-rock group is such a breath of fresh air and I'm pretty sure I may be in love with them (It's all so sudden!) (Lol, am I funny yet?). Now I guess I'll give you some facts, huh?

January 31. Mark it on your calendars. The Soldier Thread's EP drop that day and, if I may be so bold, you would be stupid to miss it. And if you're in the area (WHY AM I NOT IN AUSTIN!) they'll be doing a free show tomorrow, January 6, at Frank.

Good music. Good FREE music. I really see no reason for anyone in Austin to miss it. Especially if you are loving the new sound growing in the area right now, because The Soldier Thread might be giving Speak a run for their money as the forefront of the Austin movement.

(It should probably be noted though that that is just my opinion and I am in no way qualified enough to be taken seriously lol)

Mark my words you guys, you aren't gonna miss out on TST. I know I won't be.

Go Download: Pre-order their EP here. And then to hold you over until you get it, download "Anybody" and "Matador" for free here.



Check out their acoustic cover of Ke$ha's "Blind". This girl can sing, ok.

1 comment: