Sunday, January 22, 2012

LOVE & SATELLITES

http://www.facebook.com/loveandsatellites

I know, I'm doing a poor job at posting regularly. If it isn't school (which, let's fact it, with just 10 hours of classes it probably isn't), it's Netflix and their ridiculously amazing selection of shows to choose from. All of How I Met Your Mother? Sherlock? 82 other things sitting in my instant queue? Oh, and when I have free time I'm writing for Rock Edition. (But like I said, Netflix has six seasons of HIMYM up.)

So what was it that got me out of my Netflix stupor? WELL I'M GLAD YOU ASKED! This, my dears, is LOVE & SATELLITES!

If you've read just about any post on this blog, you've heard this story before. Phone chimed which meant I had an email. Checked the email, which was from Twitter telling me I had a new follower. Checked that new followers band out because that's the law of Bands That Need Love Too. Now here's where the story changes. My past couple of followers had made me lose a little faith in my clause to give everyone a chance. Not because they're bad mind you, but because they weren't my cup of tea. So yeah, I was like eeeeeh, are they another band that's just not gonna cut it for me?

Luckily, they weren't. This Australian band has brought me out of the slump (and my Netflix coma) and for very good reason. Though they only have one song up on Facebook, it is a VERY good song. Now, maybe not the best song, but that isn't what makes this band so good.

It's the fact that their debut single is so good. They have just one song and with that one song they've gotten me hooked. I want nothing more than to hear some more and there isn't more for me to hear! So I just let it keep repeating. (Note: By this point the song has played three times.)

I'm also not the only person who thinks that these boys have talent that is gonna get them far as they played with Cartel. Call me crazy, but I think that means they're worth the listen.

Also, from the pictures I've seen, they look like they put on quite a good show.

All I can do is sit here, far FAR away in America and hope that they make it and get over here. (Or that I win the lottery and can get over there.)

But until then, if you need me, I'll be listening to their song :)

Go Download: Their single "Girl I Used To Know" for FREE HERE.


2 comments:

  1. Is there any chance of you uploading the track elsewhere? I am IN LOVE with the song but the Facebook download event finished long ago and I don't have a credit/debit card to buy the track =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted personally thank you for posting this.
    We really appreciate it.

    All the best.

    Respect!
    - Love & Satellites <3

    ReplyDelete