Monday, June 18, 2012

Zach London

http://zachlondon.tumblr.com/

I've been missing for the past week. I even promised to give you a new artist/band and didn't hold up to that promise. Which makes me feel like a terrible person who should not be allowed to run a promotional blog and have Spanish homework at the same time. With that being said, I've been scratching my head trying to find who to break my mini hiatus with. I've had three solo artists queued for a bit, and I'm ever in the search for more bands, since, well... this is BANDS That Need Love Too. So finally, after much agonizing, I've decided to come back to you all with artist Zach London.

Much like the many that have come before him, Zach London was discovered through on of my various social networks. (Tumblr this time for all those wondering. I'm assuming he followed me due to the One Direction part of my blog, as I don't think the post-hardcore/pop-rock part of it wouldn't call out much to his genre lol.) What intrigued me so much about him is that none of his sites-- well, his Youtube, Tumblr and Facebook anyway-- are more than three months old, which leads me to believe he is seriously THAT brand spanking new.

Now, let's jump into his covers, shall we? That's right, all the guy has up right now are covers. Three on his Youtube and one on his Tumblr to be exact, but don't look anything into it, because each one is stunning. I'm particularly partial to his cover of Usher's "Climax." Maybe it's because I already loved the song to begin with, but Zach London breathes such a rich, smooth feel into it that I can't help but just sit back and feel like I'm rolling around in something completely decadent. (Think chocolate fondue for the ears, yeah?) Not that Usher DOESN'T deliver some rich R&B, but it's Mr. London here who takes it above and beyond, his tone the perfect breathy and light that makes it seem more like a heartbreak song than it sounds when Usher does it. (Let's be real, when Usher sings it, it's baby making music. Is that too far?)

He also covered One Direction's "More Than This," which is actually my least favorite of his covers. Not because I don't like it, because honestly I think this boy is great, but because it's too faithful to the original version. It's almost like I'm listening to 1D's long lost sixth member, and personally, I would like to hear more Zach London, because if I wanted to listen to 1D, I'd throw their album on.

His other two covers, Beyonce and Frank Ocean's "Miss You" and J. Cole's "Work Out" are both great covers. "Work Out" is almost tied with "Climax" as far as favorites go for Zach's covers. It's uptempo and is just fun. It's good stuff AND he made it his own.

I really, sincerely hope that we get new music from him soon, whether it be another cover or if it be something of his own. I think he can breathe some new life into the R&B/Pop scene and would GLADLY buy an album from him. So I think, you should get to liking him too. That way we all can point fingers and say I told you so when he makes it big :)

Go Download: It's a sad, sad day when I can't post a link for you to download anything, but hey, you can give his songs a listen on his Youtube!




No comments:

Post a Comment