Monday, June 4, 2012

Lawson

http://www.facebook.com/lawsonofficial

I must be masochistic. There's no other explanation for why I keep finding artists outside of the US who I can't 1) see in concert and 2) download their music. But I guess it's a burden I'm all too willing to bear because let's face it, Lawson is spectacular.

I decided to look into them after seeing the boys of The Wanted tweet about them, and after seeing Sugarscape tweet a picture from one of their shows, I decided they would most definitely be worth looking into. And boy am I glad I did. Upon finding their YouTube channel, the very first thing I decided to watch was their cover of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night." Why you ask? Well, I haven't seen any covers of "Marry The Night" and the fact that this British pop-rock band decided to cover a song that my pop expert friend regards as one of Gaga's best and most under appreciated single intrigued me. How would they cover it? And most importantly, how could they possibly do it justice? Well, the answer is quite simple. They stripped it down and slowed it into a gorgeous ballad feel that ultimately caused my to get chills. (It also did the same for Siri, so that's sayin' something. It wasn't just me lol) That cover alone was all I really needed to solidify my love for them. But I can't really justify writing a post mainly based on one cover, so I found myself listening to their latest single.

Now, if you're thinking that they can only pull off other people's songs, I'd have to call bullshit, because "She Was Mine" is a wonderful piece of pop to rival that of artists such as Parachute. It has ALL potential to get on the radio, and honestly I'll be quite disappointed if it doesn't make it's way to America ASAP.

I mean, it'd only make sense that they would break the US, right? They've toured with the likes of The Wanted, Avril Lavigne and Westlife. They also had their own headlining tour in May AND are a part of the lineup for T in the Park. Basically they're going places in the UK and with the amount of UK acts taking a crack at the US right now, I can only hope they'd join along.

That all being said it looks like their album isn't set to drop until September and we all know that means that here in the US of A we'll have to wait a couple months longer than that, but lemme be the first to tell you that this band is DEFINITELY worth the wait.

Go Download: You can pick up a download of their song "Red Sky" for nothing more than a tweet or Facebook like, which I SOOOO worth it. (Also, it might be time to dust off that youtube to mp3 converter so you can replay that "Marry the Night" cover as many times as you'd like.)




No comments:

Post a Comment