Friday, April 6, 2012

Remember When

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remember-When

Hah, the title kind of makes it look like this is gonna be a nostalgic post. Well it's not. It's a post about a pretty darn good band who just happens to have a nostalgic sounding name. It actually only took me half a song to decide that these boys would be this week's Band That Needs Love Too. Now, I know what you're thinking. That's totally jumping the gun. That's like basing a love for an album on the minute thirty iTunes preview of one song. But sometimes, you just know.

And with this band, I just new. Maybe because they seem to fit the candy coated confection sounds that I've been craving lately (Helloooo Boy Band Era 2.0), I don't know. But there is just something about Kyle Nelson's voice that just captured my heart, or... I guess my ears rather. Citing bands they like as The Summer Set, The Ready Set, Stereo Skyline, Never Shout Never and a handful of others, it's quite obvious to see where they fit in the pop rock genre that I know and love so well.

They are just a good time. Their music doesn't have any undertones that make me want to curl up and cry, they are just good, pure, pop rock. It's the type of music you can relate to and pop in on a hot summer day (or, if you're in Texas like me, a hot spring, summer AND winter day). To say that the music they are making is groundbreaking would probably be an overstatement, but it honestly feels like they aren't making it with an agenda. To me, and I could be wrong, but it feels like Remember When is just aiming to give you something to listen to that will make you smile.

Well you have succeeded boys, if that is indeed your mission, because I'm sitting here enjoying it like no other.

Go Download: The debut album 'Forever A Dream' from iTunes! But, my personal favorite is "Secret Valentine." (Which is NOT a We The Kings cover lol)



1 comment:

  1. Finally reading/listening to this band. Within the first 5 seconds of the song up there, it definitely fit in with the rest of the pop rock bands we listen to - definitely hear some Summer Set in here.

    ReplyDelete