Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bastille

http://www.facebook.com/bastilleuk

Oh I know what you're thinking, what Vicci?! You're posting more than once a week again! I know, it's crazy. But I told you I'd make up for my absence. It also helps that I just happen to have stumbled across Bastille and could not contain my joy over this discovery and just HAD to write about them.

You see, my dear friend Brenna turned me to this website called 8tracks (like I needed another music website) and I'm slightly addicted. Basically, it's a site where people can make and share playlists. So it's just a bunch of random playlists and all you really know about them is the title and the description if the creator feels so inclined to give you one. You don't know WHO is on the playlist until their song has played, which I find rather intriguing myself. And as soon as the playlist is done, it moves on to another random mix. So I'm sitting here, listening to this playlist, which is really just background sound as I already know a good majority of the music on it, when all of a sudden I am ripped from my reverie (ok, a little less dramatic, I was only blogging on tumblr afterall) by these wonderful beats and most notably, the lyrics. Quickly switching to the other tab that I had open, I saw the title of the song and the name of the band. "Flaws" by Bastille. And that, my dears, is what I like to refer to as Love at First Listen. I promptly turned to Spotify, in hopes that their music would be there, and as luck may have it, their EP, 'Laura Palmer,' and their single 'Flaws' were up, and they have been on repeat since. (In case you were wondering, this all happened this morning around 1 AM.)

That all being said, Bastille started out as just Dan Smith making music in his bedroom. Upon deciding he didn't want to be a singer-songwriter anymore, he decided to expand and become a band instead. And now I'm pretty convinced that they might be flawless. I'm looking for the catch here, I really am, but so far, nothing. Everything I've listened to has been wonderful. Live stuff, acoustic stuff, covers, all amazing. The harmonies are great and the musicality is spot on. I love the melodies they play, their music is just so catchy. I mean, really, if you couldn't tell, I'm completely in love with them, and it's only been a little over 12 hours since I discovered them. I also think this might be a good time to say that on top of loving the music, I absolutely adore Dan's hair.

So to sum everything up, I think it's only a matter of time before these guys hop the pond and come over to America. At least, that's what I'm hoping, because I can guarantee that I will be at their show so quick. (Though, I guess I have no issue with going to the UK to catch em c:)

Go Download: Everything ever. Aha, all joking aside, their EP, 'Overjoyed,' is up for preorder on iTunes, but you can listen to them on Spotify and you can also pick up their mixtape 'Other People's Heartache' FOR FREE here!!!



(The song that sparked my love.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi matеs, how iѕ the whole thing, and what yοu would
    like to say on the topic of thіs post, in my vіew itѕ genuinely awesome
    foг me.
    Also see my website > loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete